I am a major fan of Harry Potter, I mean who isn't??? It took me two weeks to make my way through the entire series!!! And it took me a month to go throught the movies. I first entered the fanworld of HP when Deathly Hallows Part One was about a year away. I had finished reading all of the books, I had seen all the movies to date, and I was SOOOO sad that I had to wait for awhile for the next installment. I was experiencing Post Potter Depression for the first time.
I had also recently discovered the world of the iPod and I was eagerly searching iTunes for things to put on my iPod. And then I saw it. On the Podcast homepage, a glorious heading read, "The Most Listenned To Harry Potter Podcast" I was already in love. I started listenning to MuggleCast on that day, and to be frank, I am addicted. It has amused me through many hours of boredom.
When DH part 1 came out, I was at the theatre openning weekend with my Dad, and within the month I had seen it twice. I had the trailer on my iPod, and every waking moment was spent watching it, analysing it, rereading the book, speculating, oh it was marvelous.
And then it was over and Part Two was looming. I was getting more and more upset as the 13th of July crept closer. I don't know if I was more excited about the movie or my birthday, which was a week later. I had my grandmother collecting the newspaper advertising merchendise, I spent every hour on Mugglenet.com it was a bit stupid. I was whiling away hours on twitter one day when I saw a word: Pottermore, and I screamed. What was Pottermore? Who was Pottermore? Was there more Potter???? Like any good fangirl, I went on a hunt...POTTERMORE. I watched Jo's message the day it was released, and I marked on the calendar to check Pottermore.com when it was July 31st. And then I watched the movie.
Oh it was beautiful! So amazing! A really brilliant way to end what has been a life changing journey for many of us Potter fans. I don't know what I'd do without Harry Potter. I've wasted so much time on him, but at the same time, I wonder, is it really a waste???
No comments:
Post a Comment